Sunday 7 September 2014

Summer Placement at Playgroup

During August I was fortunate enough to secure a placement at Playgroup - a design, branding and communications agency in London. Here I was able to gain an insight into working in a professional environment. This studio visit was really beneficial to my own practice as I have become more fond of branding since I started on this course.

I helped with a few small projects which were in progress during my time here but the main experience I gained was from shadowing the other designers and asking questions about their work.

One of the projects I was working on while I was here was to research ways to promote their charity event 'Tour de Playgroup'. My findings consisted of:

-Umbrella - if it's forecast to rain
-Reflective stickers/ ordinary stickers
-Banners and wayfinding
-Keyrings
-Ad-bugs
-Use of map with print - either typographic or info graphic, related to the route.
-Flyers and leaflets
-Canvas bags
-Badges
-T-shirts
-Event fan - if it's forecast to be hot
-Flags - small/large - placed along Tour de Playgroup cycle route.
-Water bottles
-Vinyl in window
-Social media - Iphone app - tracker, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blog + website
-Contact local newspapers, national papers, magazines and radio stations to raise awareness.
-Lanyard - including route and other info
-Bracelets
-Bunting
-Posters
-Cycling glasses
-Balloons
-Postcards
-Toothpick mini flags and place in homemade cupcakes to give out
-Tea coasters
-Beer mats

No comments:

Post a Comment