Thursday 15 May 2014

Evaluation


1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Throughout this module, I have definitely grown as a Graphic Designer. Particularly through the last self-promotion task where we had to brand ourselves. Looking back on the work I produced last year in comparison to what I have achieved this year really shocked me. I have learnt a lot more about branding over this year through a variety of briefs where I was required to design logos for clients. Initially, I thought branding myself was really difficult. It is hard to know how you want to present yourself as an individual, let alone as a Graphic Designer. However, through patience and persistence I have produced an outcome I was really proud of. I have become more and more interested in branding throughout this year.


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I think this module has helped with my communication skills. During the group project as Branding Agency: Equilibrio, I think we worked efficiently and effectively. I have much preferred group work this year. Although at times there are disagreements or contrasting ideas, I have generally enjoyed working as a team of people. Creating a fantasy business was also really great experience and insight into the business aspect of working for a company. I enjoyed seeing the variety of outcomes people came up with in the business groups. More importantly, these tasks have made me feel one step closer to the design industry, whereas last year I was slightly naive I suppose.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

This module has helped me to increase my knowledge of the Design Industry - the good and the bad bits. We have been given a brief explanation about finances, copyright, networking and self presentation. I have found the PPP sessions really useful as they always cover new topics about current design affairs. The sessions have also motivated me to brave contacting members of the design industry. I have finally started contacting creatives which I have been needing to do for ages. The more people I contact, the more sure I become of what I want to ask and how my work could benefit others.


4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I have always had an element of doubt about my own work. This is probably my biggest weakness when it comes to ppp. Although I have come a long way since my first day at Leeds College of Art, I still tend to hold back on potential opportunities due to doubt. In the future I need to just get on with it and stop procrastinating and postponing things. Sometimes I lack in self-reassuarance which can have a negative effect on my design practice. In order to overcome this, I have stated to write a list of design agencies and studios to contact with my updated creative CV to see what responses I receive. I know that even one response will boost my confidence by a long way.


5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

Network more often to get advice from other creative and get my name heard.
Show more confidence in my own work
Research new texts, magazines, books and avoid depending on the internet so much.
Attend creative talks
Allow more time for all of the above
6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’)
5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

Attendance -- 4
Punctuality -- 4
Motivation -- 3
Commitment  -- 4
Quantity of work produced -- 3
Quality of work produced -- 4
Contribution to the group -- 3

No comments:

Post a Comment